Thursday, October 26, 2006

Sunday's post was practically prophetic.

Two hours later, I get THIS email:


My good friend from college and her husband of 2 years (or so) are expecting their first child! Try to imagine, if you will, that it's wearing a knitted hat and booties. . .

The word on the street is that they'll know the gender by the end of the month. That at least gives me a little time to finish up some of my &%#@ ---oops, I mean, projects--before I start something for Baby.

Switching gears, here are my faves from Vogue Knitting Holiday 2006. I took photos of them--I didn't scan them (I think I did OK). Hopefully I won't get busted for breaking any copyright rules.









Vladimir Teriokhin did 6, 7, and 9. Where do I start???

2 Comments:

At 6:51 PM, Blogger Kristina (Yarnsticks) said...

I just got my issue in the mail yesterday. I really like the sweater vest and the shorter belted cardigan. I also think the cardigan from the shell/cardigan combo might be really nice, but I wish that it showed a better picture of the cardigan!

 
At 3:34 PM, Blogger Jaws said...

K--

The cardigan *would* be nice to knit on its own; it's too bad the photo doesn't show more.

While I like that design, the tank would NOT be work-appropriate, especially for next year when I'm seeing patients again. So I ruled out knitting that design, but now that you bring up the point about knitting just the cardigan, I may reconsider. . .

But after I finish my other stuff.

Ciao

 

Post a Comment

<< Home