Wednesday, September 20, 2006

hale-frickin'-lujah!

Right side of the neck with the cable decreases.
















Left side of the neck with cable decreases. Can you see the pattern error???

















My solution: avoid the (s)uckers altogether.
















I wrangle past neckline issues and begin blocking on corkboard, only to discover it's really wonky. I had been considering marking lines on the corkboard, but was concerned about where the ink would end up, so I bought a fabric cutting board for more accurate blocking:





















Wonkage remains.

I frog back to before the neckline split.

I refresh the yarn, having absolutely no idea how to do this, but someone else (?) mentioned on their blog that they did it, so at this point, why not????

















1 Comments:

At 10:48 PM, Blogger Laritza said...

For whatever blogger reason, your post is up there twice and it will not let leave comments on the last one!
Now: To refresh the yarn all you have to do is: skein it like you did but closer. Use a skein winder or a niddy noddy. The NN is easy to make with pvc pipe: http://www.worldknit.com/howto/howtospin/sfiberprep/niddy.html. Instructions on how to use one. Then get the skein off the NN and wet it, very wet. Spin water NO AGITATION and hang to dry. I guess I don't really see where the wonkiness is? unless one side is longer than the other? I'll take pictures of mine and post them on my blog. I am not done (knitting in the round, front and back at the same time) but the cable decreases look nice :) ....or at least I think so!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home