Thursday, August 31, 2006

Blocking 101

OK, I have some questions about this blocking thing. I took the first sleeve of Pam off the blocking board and it slowly lost its length, although I have still netted over one inch (whew!!). The yarn is 100% merino wool and I steam blocked it.

So, a number of questions arise:

1. Is this just the way it will be due to the amount of yarn used?
2. Is this typical behavior for wool?
3. Should I have wet blocked for a more definitive blocking?
4. Can I re-block it now using the wet block method (if that is indeed the solution)?
5. Can it shrink with steam blocking? Please tell me no!

Thanks for any answers!

2 Comments:

At 10:55 AM, Blogger Kristina (Yarnsticks) said...

I don't think I can be super-helpful about this, but I have always (in my limited experience) wet blocked. I don't see why you couldn't try to reblock it using this method. But, it does seem that you may have to block all pieces using the same method. Again, I am definitely not the expert on this. Good luck!

 
At 8:56 AM, Blogger Laritza said...

I see you are knitting the cable pullover in VK Fall 2006. I started the neck cable decreases and find that the CR dec is different from the CL dec. One crosses 2 stitches from the border, the other one AT the border. Any ideas? or is this the way it should be?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home