Saturday, August 19, 2006

Henrietta



Here she is! Henrietta has been finished for about 3 weeks now, but I've been so swamped that I haven't had a chance to blog about her.

Pattern: Henrietta, from A Treasury of Rowan Knits
Needles: US 3 and 6, straight
Yarn: Patons Classic Merino Wool, color Petal Pink (more like an orchid color), 8 balls
Mods: None.

This sweater is a tunic style fit. I don't think it was a sizing issue, as for once the sleeves are JUST RIGHT. . . .Well, in that case, maybe it was a sizing issue!!! (An old research advisor once said I had 'knuckle-draggin' arms.)

The bum-around-the-house factor here is huge. But it's still dressy enough to be work-appropriate, which is usually the goal of my knitting. Here's a photo sans manches:


I found an old scarf a roommate from undergrad (nearly 10 years ago, I'm feeling old!) was ready to pitch from her closet. I love scarves. It's part of the whole francophile thing. Matches pretty well, huh?


And oh, how I love the sleeve slits. Just enough to show off my watch. And my wrists. I think I have a rather lovely ulnar stylus. :o)

I was going to post progress photos of Pam, too, but the computer is acting up, as always. Perhaps later today.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home