Tuesday, July 04, 2006

Finito!

I love, love LOVE it!

Pattern: Short-sleeved ribbed lace sweater, from Vintage Knits by Sarah Dallas with Yesterknits
Yarn: Red Heart Luster Sheen, approx 3 4-oz skeins
Needles: US 2 and 4 circulars and straights, for body and sleeves, respectively
Modifications: I shortened the ribbing on the sleeves. Also did the body in the round. Knitted 14 inches of body instead of 11 1/2 inches before binding off for armholes.
Would I knit it again? Heck, yeah! But I'd make it slightly bigger and longer (just a liiiiittle)


It looks fine with a dressy wool crepe skirt, since this was cut with a normal waist, but my casual clothes have lower waists and I'd be baring my belly wearing this. Apologies for the blurry pic.

A close-up of my mad seaming skillz.

Another close-up of the texture. Did I mention I love it?

1 Comments:

At 2:10 PM, Blogger z said...

hey! i'm loving the stuff you've made from vintage knits!! the problem is that my amazon search is showing two books with similar titles for which sarah dallas is an author...which one should i be looking at?
z

 

Post a Comment

<< Home