Sunday, October 08, 2006

Crap. The Holiday Vogueknitting is out.

From the looks of my blog, I dropped off the planet for a while, which isn't far from the truth. I've been preparing for a presentation at the American College of Surgeons Clinical Congress, finishing experiments here and there for certain papers by people who have since left the lab, and taking care of and sacrificing the lab animals (of course, some crucial sacrifice timepoints just had to land during the week of final preparations for this presentation). And I was in the lab until just a few hours before I left for the ACS convention pulling a few things together for my presentation. Nothing like taking it to the wire, eh?

So now I'm at this convention, with a little time on my hands (I did not bring the knitting, apparently I cannot handle even stockinette stitch in the solitude and calm of my own home, so how the heck can I knit competently while on the road with strangers?) and a Borders only 2 blocks away. Bad combination. There's also a Staples a few more blocks down the way. And a Macy's! Bad, bad, bad. Of course, I ended up at the Borders, and discovered the Holiday issue was out.

It wasn't supposesd to go down like this. I have 2 projects stagnating at home. They should be done. My goal was to have a whole week's worth of apparel knitted by moi for this event, maybe even to wear with my suit for the presentation, because this surgeon can do more with string and needles besides suture. Yeah, right. Didn't happen.

And now, this magazine comes along and I'm drooling over almost every project!! Good ol' Vladi has my moter going with a few of these projects. I really seem to have taken to Teriokhin's designs (#7, 13, 14)--they were the first I marked.

Speaking of which, I've started seaming the Teriokhin braid and I think it's going to fit like a charm. I still have the collar and sleeves to do. Don't wait for me to finish, Kristina, it's gonna take a while! The yarn supply is questionable, so I may make the sleeves 3/4 length, just in case. The last thing I want to do is re-knit anything on this sweater (again). Plus, I seem to have developed a heat intolerance (this from the girl who studied through med school in flannel pajamas, wool socks, fleece robe, and sat on a heating pad to stay warm.). I think residency flipped some sort of temperature control switch in my pituitary. I can't wear much more than scrubs these days. . . .And WHY am I knitting in wool???? Because this is what knitting should be: sumptuous, luxe, enveloping, cozy.

I have zero idea when I'll have pix ready. Don't hold your breath, folks.

4 Comments:

At 8:53 AM, Blogger Kristina (Yarnsticks) said...

I haven't seen the Holiday Vogue Knitting yet, which is strange. I would have thought that as a subscriber, I would have gotten it before it was in the stores. How jealous am I right now??

You sound so very, very busy. It almost shames me into feeling guilty about the times I complain about being tired and busy, since I have hardly anything going on compared to you!

I am looking forward to seeing your finished sweater, even if it takes a long time.

 
At 6:18 PM, Blogger Jaws said...

Katrina--
Everyone is busy in their own way (but yes, I'm in up to my ears). You can't compare it. You have kids and a husband. Those are commitments I can't even fathom yet.

As for the VK, maybe they release it in certain big cities first? Chicago is the third largest, right?

 
At 4:50 PM, Blogger Jaws said...

I'm really sorry, for the brain fart, KRISTINA. . .

 
At 2:43 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Howdy,

I am regular visitor of this website[url=http://www.weightrapidloss.com/lose-10-pounds-in-2-weeks-quick-weight-loss-tips].[/url]Plenty of useful information on jawsknits.blogspot.com. I am sure due to busy scedules we really do not get time to care about our health. In plain english I must warn you that, you are not serious about your health. Recent Scientific Research points that about 90% of all U.S. grownups are either obese or weighty[url=http://www.weightrapidloss.com/lose-10-pounds-in-2-weeks-quick-weight-loss-tips].[/url] So if you're one of these individuals, you're not alone. Its true that we all can't be like Brad Pitt, Angelina Jolie, Megan Fox, and have sexy and perfect six pack abs. Now the question is how you are planning to have quick weight loss? You can easily lose with with little effort. If you improve some of your daily diet habbits then, its like piece of cake to quickly lose weight.

About me: I am blogger of [url=http://www.weightrapidloss.com/lose-10-pounds-in-2-weeks-quick-weight-loss-tips]Quick weight loss tips[/url]. I am also health trainer who can help you lose weight quickly. If you do not want to go under difficult training program than you may also try [url=http://www.weightrapidloss.com/acai-berry-for-quick-weight-loss]Acai Berry[/url] or [url=http://www.weightrapidloss.com/colon-cleanse-for-weight-loss]Colon Cleansing[/url] for effective weight loss.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home