Wednesday, December 27, 2006

6 Weird Things About Me

I've been tagged! Now it's time to pull out 6 weird things about me.

1. I licked the bottoms of my shoes as a child.
2. I hate eggs. I suppose there are weirder things out there, but I absolutely abhor them. Once in a rare while I'm in the mood for a spinach and feta omelette, but that's about once a year. Even as a child, I hated eggs. The first time I got a Cadbury creme egg, I was nearly hysterical because I thought the yellow creme inside really was the yolk.
3. As a child, my parents bribed me with dried, salted fish. To this day, I remain an addict of pickled herring and other similar goodies.
Hmmm, so far most of these revolve around food. . .
4. I'm nearly 28, and I don't really care to have children, and have never had that yearning. Don't get me wrong, I get along well with kids. I babysat the same family of 3 girls through high school and they were quite attached to me, but I just don't want to have kids. Even growing up, I NEVER had those fantasies of "2 girls and 2 boys, and their names will be . . ." yada yada yada. I can't explain it.
This is harder than I thought it would be. Plenty of people have told me that I'm more than a little quirky, but to enumerate things is another matter.
5. I have freakishly large hands and "knuckle-draggin'" arms. Kristina and I have kvetched at length about our struggles in this area when it comes to knitting sweaters and finding gloves that FIT. Oftentimes, I wear larger gloves in the O.R. than my male counterparts (they don't typically like that). It turns out Kristina and I both shop in the men's department for gloves.
6. I can't come up with a 6th one right now. We shall save it for a rainy day. *Update* Alright, here it is. . . I have ZERO desire to 1)knit Fair Isle and 2)knit socks. As for the socks, I prefer none at all, but if I must, they must be the finest, thinnest available, preferably in a lace or pointelle. And as for Fair Isle, perhaps I'm missing out, but changing colors every 2 seconds just does NOT appeal to me. No WAY, Jose. There you have it.

My mother, who is visiting until the New Year, would like to add to the list of weird things that I love to visit museums and wear (what she considers to be) ugly glasses. I think these say more about my mother than me. . .

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home