Wednesday, December 20, 2006

Alternate edging option

Here is the other option I'm considering as far as edging goes. I like the effect of the ribbing--how it curls over on itself for a nice collar and hugs the body. I think it would be a lot simpler than a cable, a lot easier to add stitches, etc.

On the other hand, the ribbing lends a "sporty" look and is better for a "deconstructed" garment like this. Fleur, in contrast, seems a little more "constructed" and has a neckline closure. I wouldn't be able to repeat this ribbing exactly as below because of the different neckline, either.
I think overall I should stick with some sort of cabling option, perhaps something more intricate (i.e., more "strands" to the cable). I thought also about a traveling stitch/Bavarian stitch pattern, but I've never done twisted stitches before and I'm not sure this is the time/place to learn.


Suggestions?

2 Comments:

At 10:53 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Something is weird with blogger. I keep leaving you comments that don't show up. Maybe I will get it this time.

I can't remember what Fleur looks like. Do you have a link to a picture?

 
At 11:07 AM, Blogger Jaws said...

Go to November archives. It's a cross between a shrug, a bolero, and a jacket.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home