Wednesday, December 20, 2006

Fleur edging

I've been thinking about Fleur's edging all day. I checked out the link from Laritza and decided it was too. . .stagnant? Predictable. Calculated. What I want is fluid, scrolling, undulating, alive. A little Eunny Jang circa December 17. Throw in a little Rivendell. What it really needs, though, is some art nouveau. And there is plenty of peacock imagery there.

While I was revising my research paper, I was doodling motifs on old drafts.


I'd like to include the "eye" of the feather at the center back of the edging, and have sinous feathery strands wander from it to the top front of the edging. I thought about embroidering the eye.

I don't know how to chart something like this, let alone take into account the increases I need to make this garment LONG ENOUGH. I think I'm in over my head.

The ribbing option would be SO much easier. . .

1 Comments:

At 11:31 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh my! you remind me of June! http://www.twosheep.com/blog/

What you need is:
http://www.knitfoundry.com/software.html
This one has a demo version that you can play with.
or the knitting font but I think the knitfoundry is really good.
If you don't do it for this one you will do it for another one. So GO for it!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home