Thursday, February 08, 2007

Headline commentary

I have taken out 2 bags of trash, cleaned out the fridge, done 2 loads of laundry, ran the dish, and scrubbed the shower. Tomorrow I clean the commode (I have to mentally prepare myself for that). It can mean only two things: either I'm going away for a while, or Mom's coming to visit.

Actually, it's both. I leave Sharkville Saturday and go home and go under the knife Tuesday. I'll be home for 2 weeks and then Mom comes back with me. Hopefully we are both alive by the end of it (this statement has many levels of meaning here).

I'm working on Lara, Take III. It's a long story and I'm not ready to show pix yet.

But I *did* feel compelled to comment on the crazy NASA atronaut love triangle diaper thing. How much of an ego boost was it for that guy to find out one of his love interests was willing to kill off the competition and keep him all to herself?? Any wonder why guys think we (single) women will just fall all over them?

And what's up with calling Nowak a "homewrecker?" (Not that I condone her supposed actions, just bear with me here.) Last I checked, her love interest had already been separated or divorced for several YEARS. He wrecked THAT home himself. And HOW MANY MEN do you hear being called "homewrecker"? Why is it always the woman's fault? Doesn't it take two to tango?

I don't consider myself a feminist, but I WILL point out the double standard when I see it.

4 Comments:

At 8:11 AM, Blogger Kristin said...

I have had that conversation so many times. For some reason, it's always the women's fault! That is so annoying!

 
At 7:38 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good luck with your surgery! I will be thinking of you. Post as soon as you can, so we will know that all is well.

:)

 
At 8:24 AM, Blogger Lily said...

Under the knife! Oh good luck with that. You'll be healing up just in time for Salina.

 
At 12:56 PM, Blogger Kristin said...

Good luck, hope you're feeling better real soon!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home