Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Aunt Mem's Scarf, Take 2

Remember this??
Take another look. . .It's baaaack!
I've reprised Aunt Mem's scarf. I totally frogged that sucker and refreshed the yarn. (How did I do that? Well. Wool is made up of proteins in alpha-helices, and I figure this is probably how my curly hair is composed, so I unraveled the yarn and just spritzed water and scrunched--just like I do to get curls in my hair! The yarn seemed to plump up just fine!)

Aaaaaat any rate, I changed from a seed stitch to. . .I don't know what it is called! Seed stitch filled the requirement for something reversible with texture, but it didn't have a nice drape to it. I think Aunt Mem would have felt like she was wearing a neck brace and not a scarf! So, I changed from alternating every wale and every course with knits and purls (i.e., seed stitch) to alternating every wale and every other course with knits and purls (stitch name, anyone?). Still reversible. Still has texture. But it has a muuuuch nicer drape.

Only four more feet to go!



1 Comments:

At 8:04 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Looks very pretty!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home