Tuesday, March 07, 2006

Carpenter

I started working on this over the weekend


and now have this


It's a little oversized, which I wanted, but I think it may be a bit too oversized. I'm hoping once I've seamed on the sleeves that it can take a trip thru the dryer without incident. Sorry for the sideways photo, I'm a novice when it comes to these things and in a hurry for work (I post over my morning coffee). Thank goodness I'm doing research, I love the flexibility (within reason, of course) !

Yesterday I thought we had a super early (by Jaws' standards) research meeting, followed by a big mouse sacrifice. So I hauled @$$ to get there on time, but it was canceled! Oy. The sacrifice was still on, tho. (yes, sacrifice. we even do a little chant and dance around them in warpaint. just kidding). So, wearing scrubs, I decided to wear the Aran Pullover I knit but still haven't posted photos of, because it is super warm. I had to do some sewing on the arm seams before I left the apartment, because Kristin Nicholas designed this sweater for women with Hadassah arms. What are those, you ask? Does this give you a clue?


Hadassah arms are arms that keep waving once you have stopped. The photo in Interweave Knits didn't give me any hint that this would happen when I knit it. Dirty trick. (Hadassah arms is really a misnomer---in the Old Testament, Haddassah is the Hebrew name for Queen Esther, who was essentially Miss Persian Empire after the Persian ruler killed his first wife for not getting naked for his cronies. So I doubt Hadassah had Hadassah arms. For more on that story, click here http://www.randomhouse.com/boldtype/0698/wurtzel/essay.html).

OK, I must be responsible and get to work.

2 Comments:

At 4:48 PM, Blogger Liz said...

Did you figure out how to edit the html to put links up yet? I see you've got a couple there. It takes a while but you get used to what the code looks like eventually.

it goes thusly, at least when I do it:
Text

HTH and have fun

 
At 4:50 PM, Blogger Liz said...

ah, crap. It read the damn code as an actual link.

Okay, again, leaving out the bits that make it usable html:

(arrow thingie)a href=(quotation mark)http://www.whatever.com(quotation mark)(arrow thingie)Text(arrow thingie)/a(arrow thingie)

There. Jeez, I hope the live link isn't offensive, it was just a web address I made up...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home